After the death of a caregiver, my aunt, uncle, or grandmother would like to file a claim for child support.

My husband has not paid child support even once since the child support ruling was made.
My wife, my caregiver, recently passed away. The deceased's aunt, who lived close to her and interacted with her, would like to claim child support. Is this possible?

Yes it is possible.

Principle : When one parent with sole parental authority dies due to divorce, the family court determines the person with parental authority upon the
request of an interested party (Article 909-2 of the Civil Act). In other words, the surviving father or mother does not automatically become the parent.

  1. The aunt who will become the guardian applies for guardianship of the minor.

  2. If you are appointed her guardian, her children will be able to enforce any inherited past child support bonds against her husband.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law.For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED