Can parental rights be changed if child support is not paid?

Can parental rights be changed if child support is not paid?

Changing the person with parental authority is not possible through agreement, and you must request a change in the designation of the person with parental authority at the family court.
At this time, a request to change the person of parental authority can be made not only by the biological parents but also by any relative within the fourth degree of consanguinity.
At this time, the family court determines the child's age, parents' financial status, and Considering other circumstances, we will decide whether to change the person with parental authority and guardianship.

Will my child be heard when changing parental rights?

If the child is over 13 years old, the family court must hear the child's opinion.
If you cannot listen to your child's opinion, or if you do not listen to your child's opinion,
In cases where it is recognized that there are special circumstances that may harm welfare, Your child may not be heard.

Detailed description

The court takes into account the confusion that may be caused to the child due to a sudden change in caregiver and parenting environment.
We are taking a very cautious approach to changes in parental authority and caregivers.
In adjudications for changes in parental authority and caregivers, it is not simply a formal comparison of parenting abilities;
The child's will, the relationship between the person who will be the guardian and the child, the child's will to raise the child, etc.
We attach great importance to practical matters based on the child.
As a result, it may be difficult to change parental rights simply because child support has not been paid.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED