I became unemployed. Do I not have to pay child support?

Even if you lose your job, your obligation to pay child support does not disappear.
However, since there is a change in circumstances such as economic capacity,
Submit a child support modification trial to the family court requesting a reduction in child support.
If you file a claim and the court approves it, a partial reduction may be paid.

In other words, if the circumstances of the party paying child support worsens, child support may be reduced.
It is possible to file a claim, and on the other hand, you may have more financial resources or pay your child's tuition.
If it increases further, it is also possible to request an increase.
However, reducing child support is not a decision that is conducive to the welfare of the child.
A strict decision will be made taking into account various circumstances.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email : elee@yeyul.com, kjw@yeyul.com, ksk@yeyul.com
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E. help@lawfirmy.com
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site : https://foreigner.lawfirmy.com
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED