I was charged child support that was not paid in the past. Should I give the other person the entire amount they are asking for?

Not necessarily.
If a lawsuit is filed, the court will make its decision by referring to several criteria.
For more information, please check the link at the bottom.

  • Additional explanation

In the case of past divorce by agreement or trial divorce, there has been agreement or ruling on child support.
If you receive it, you should also consider applying the statute of limitations.
In the past, child support claims were based on the circumstances in which one parent came to raise the child;
The scope of sharing is determined by taking into account the parties' financial status, economic capabilities, fairness of burden, etc.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law.For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email : elee@yeyul.com, kjw@yeyul.com, ksk@yeyul.com
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E. help@lawfirmy.com
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site : https://foreigner.lawfirmy.com
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED