I was sentenced to imprisonment because of child support. What should I do?

What is imprisonment for non-payment of child support?

If child support is not paid even after receiving a child support order from the family court, the child will be detained by the court.
Imprisonment means being detained in a detention center, prison, or detention center for up to 30 days.
Of course, within one week of receiving the court's detention decision.
You can make an ‘immediate appeal’ to the family court that made the decision.
In other words, it means receiving the court's decision again.
The court's stance on child support is strong, so please seek professional help in the future.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email : elee@yeyul.com, kjw@yeyul.com, ksk@yeyul.com
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E. help@lawfirmy.com
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site : https://foreigner.lawfirmy.com
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED