If I file a child support lawsuit, can I inquire about the other party's assets?

Yes it is possible.

When the Family Court deems it particularly necessary for a child support claim case, it may do so ex officio or at the request of a party.
The parties may be ordered to submit a property list specifying the status of the property, and the family court may follow the property specification procedure.
In cases where it is recognized that it is difficult to resolve a child support claim case with only the submitted property list, ex officio or at the request of the parties.
You can inquire about property in the name of a person, such as public institutions, financial institutions, or organizations that manage computer networks related to personal property and credit.
If the head of an institution or organization that has received an inquiry submits false data or refuses to submit data without justifiable reasons, a fine of up to 10 million won will be imposed.
For reference, if it is necessary to determine in advance the amount of child support to be paid, future performance can be made along with the request for designation of a caregiver.
You can also file a claim for child support payment at the same time as a lawsuit (Article 14 (1) of the Family Litigation Act and Article 57 of the Domestic Litigation Act).

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email : elee@yeyul.com, kjw@yeyul.com, ksk@yeyul.com
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E. help@lawfirmy.com
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site : https://foreigner.lawfirmy.com
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED