Is ‘wage garnishment’ possible due to non-payment of child support?

Yes. it is possible.

The Family Court determines that a person who is obligated to pay child support on a regular basis may, without justifiable cause,
If child support has not been paid more than twice, the child support debtor may be subject to the request of the person with custody.
From the salary of the child support debtor to the income tax withholding agent (company, etc.) who bears regular salary debt.
We believe that it is possible to order child support to be regularly deducted and paid directly to the child support creditor.
This is called a “direct payment order for child support.”
The place that supports these services is the Child Support Implementation Management Center, which receives applications from custodial parents and mothers (child support creditors).
Establishment of agreement between parties to receive child support from non-custodial parents, child support related litigation, collection,
We support sanctions in case of non-compliance (Act on Securing and Supporting Compliance with Child Support - Abbreviated name: Child Support Implementation Act)

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law.For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED