My husband lives abroad. Can I claim child support?

If the parties (couple) to a divorce lawsuit are Korean citizens, divorce, custody rights, etc.
The laws of the Republic of Korea apply to decisions regarding this matter. The governing law for support obligations (including child support) for minor children is:
Since it is the child's habitual residence according to Article 46 of Private International Law, the child
If you are in the country, you can claim child support because it is subject to domestic law.
However, the problem is when the husband does not comply even if there is a ruling on child support payment.
If your husband owns property in Korea, we recommend that you seek help from the Child Support Management Center.
The Child Support Performance Management Center receives applications from custodial parents and mothers (child support creditors) and receives applications from non-custodial parents and mothers.
Establishment of agreement between parties to receive child support, child support-related litigation, collection, and sanctions in case of non-compliance, etc.
We provide support.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law.For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED