The other party is in the process of personal rehabilitation. Can I get child support?

Yes, you can receive it.

In practice, child support paid by a person going through personal rehabilitation procedures to a divorced spouse is
It is considered the debt that can be repaid first among one's debts.
A person who is owed child support can view the debt details of the ex-spouse who owes the debt.
If you have a child support bond, you are entitled to participate in your former spouse's rehabilitation process.

However, the court shall recognize the full amount of child support that the person who must pay child support has agreed to pay.
If it is judged to be excessive in relation to the family court's child support standard, it can be reduced through a reduction trial.
As a result, if circumstances change, such as the financial ability of the ex-spouse undergoing rehabilitation procedures,
Child support may be reduced by requesting a judgment from the family court to reduce child support.
Conversely, if you have more financial resources or your child's tuition has increased, it is possible to request an increase.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED