A divorce by mutual agreement

In Korea, a divorce by mutual agreement is also known as an "uncontested divorce." Here are the general steps for obtaining an uncontested divorce in Korea:

  1. Agree on the terms of the divorce: You and your spouse will need to agree on the terms of the divorce, including the division of property and any child custody arrangements.

  2. Submit a joint application: You and your spouse will need to submit a joint application for divorce to the Family Court. This application should include the agreed-upon terms of the divorce.

  3. Attend a court hearing: You and your spouse will need to attend a court hearing, where a judge will review your application and ask you questions about the terms of the divorce. If everything is in order, the judge will issue a divorce decree.

  4. Register the divorce: Once the divorce decree is issued, you will need to register the divorce with the local district office.

It's important to note that the process for obtaining an uncontested divorce in Korea may vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case. It's always a good idea to consult with a lawyer who specializes in family law in Korea to ensure that you understand the process and are taking the necessary steps to obtain a divorce by mutual agreement.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email : elee@yeyul.com, kjw@yeyul.com, ksk@yeyul.com
Was this helpful?

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E. help@lawfirmy.com
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site : https://foreigner.lawfirmy.com
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED