How can I get custody of my Korean child if I live in a different country?

Obtaining child custody in Korea without visiting Korea can be a complex and challenging process, but it may be possible in certain circumstances. Here are some general steps you can take:

  1. Find a Korean family law attorney: You will need the help of a lawyer who is licensed to practice in Korea and has experience in family law. They can provide legal guidance and assist you in filing the necessary paperwork.

  2. Provide evidence to support your claim: You will need to provide evidence to support your claim for child custody. This evidence may include documents such as your child's birth certificate, school records, medical records, and any legal documents related to your case. You may also need to provide evidence of your relationship with the child and your ability to provide for their needs.

  3. File a petition for child custody: Your lawyer can help you file a petition for child custody with the appropriate court in Korea. The court will consider the best interests of the child when making a decision.

  4. Attend hearings via video conference: Depending on the court's procedures, you may be able to attend hearings via video conference instead of in-person. Your lawyer can advise you on the requirements and procedures for attending court hearings remotely.

  5. Consider mediation: In some cases, mediation may be an option to resolve child custody disputes without going to court. Your lawyer can help you explore this option and represent you in mediation sessions if needed.

It's important to note that the laws and procedures for obtaining child custody in Korea can be complex and vary depending on the circumstances of each case. It's recommended that you seek the advice of a

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED