Procedures for divorce from a spouse living abroad

It is as follows Procedures for divorce from a spouse living abroad.

  1. Divorce director file with domestic court 

  2. After delivery to acquaintances, parents, and siblings residing in Korea, they were induce to appointed Korean lawyer.

  3. If this is not possible, after special overseas delivery(Takes 6 months) Encourage induce appointed to Korean lawyer.

  4. If you do not know your overseas residence address send a special overseas service after verifying the 

    application for fact reference with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

  5. After attempting all of the above procedures can you apply for service by public notice.

  • If you are filing for divorce from a spouse living overseas, the issues related to service as above are the most complicated.

  • If you deal with many cases well, it is possible to obtain a divorce decree, although it may take a long time.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED