Even after forgiving your spouse for his infidelity, is it possible to get a divorce if you harass him by citing the fact that he was having an affair?

It's possible.

Even after finding out about Spouse A's affair, B decided to maintain the family and maintained a marital relationship for a long time.
However, Eul continued to distrust and criticize A, often citing A's previous affair.
A, who could not endure this, filed a divorce against her, claiming that her marriage had broken down.

The Supreme Court ruled that B maintained a married life for a long period of time even after knowing about A's past affair, and since A has no evidence of other misconduct since then, A's past affair is not the direct cause of the breakdown of the current marriage, so it is the main cause of the breakdown of the current marriage. It was ruled that if B has this, A can file a divorce claim against B.
[Supreme Court 2021.08.19. Refer to judgment 2021M12108]

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email : elee@yeyul.com, kjw@yeyul.com, ksk@yeyul.com
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E. help@lawfirmy.com
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site : https://foreigner.lawfirmy.com
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED