The other party has lost contact/is missing. Is this the basis for divorce?

If your spouse runs away from home or loses contact without a justifiable reason, it may be grounds for divorce.
Our civil law stipulates that married couples must live together and support and cooperate with each other.
When a spouse abandons the other party with malicious intent or when it is otherwise difficult to continue the marriage
When there is a serious reason, it is recognized as a cause for divorce in court.

Therefore, if one spouse loses contact for a long period of time without a justifiable reason,
The spouses have obligations as a couple to cohabit, support, and cooperate with each other for no justifiable reason.
This corresponds to a case of giving up and abandoning the other party, or violating the husband and wife's cohabitation and support obligations;
One spouse is recognized as having deserted the other, or the marriage relationship can no longer be restored.
Since it is a case where it appears to be broken, you can file for divorce at trial on this grounds.
In addition to property division, you can also claim alimony against the at-fault spouse who caused the breakdown of your marriage.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED