The other person wants a separation. Is this grounds for divorce?

Our civil law establishes six causes for divorce in court.

Among them, the other party's unilateral request for separation is 'What is abandonment by a spouse of the other party out of malice?
This may apply in cases of ‘abandonment’ or ‘other serious reasons that make it difficult to continue the marriage.’
On the other hand, if your spouse does something wrong, such as cheating on someone else, and wants to end the marriage,
There are many cases where separation is requested. Our court does not accept a divorce request from a spouse at fault.
As a rule, if the other party, who is the at-fault spouse, files for divorce, he or she must prove the other party's fault so that the divorce claim is not allowed.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law. For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED