Can I receive child support that I did not receive in the past?

Yes you can.
Please refer to the case law below.
The circumstances in which one parent came to raise the child and the amount of expenses incurred;
Whether and when the other party is aware of the obligation to support, and whether it is the normal living expenses incurred in raising the child.
Or, whether it is an unusual and unavoidable large special cost (treatment costs, etc.)
It is appropriate considering various circumstances such as the parties' financial situation, economic ability, and fairness of burden.
Within the scope of the recognized sharing, the parent who is raising the child shall pay the other party a portion of the current and future child support expenses.
Not only can a reasonable amount of contribution be requested, but the parent's child support obligation is limited unless there are special circumstances.
Since it occurs at the same time as the child's birth, the other party is expected to share a significant amount of past child support expenses.
If approved, reimbursement of the cost may be claimed.

This is a procedure in accordance with Korean law.For foreigners, detailed procedures may vary.
Please chat or email for specific details.

Are there any legal issues involved?

Should I negotiate with a Korean or initiate a lawsuit in a Korean court? The law firm where the interpreter works is located here. All of these processes can be carried out NON-STOP through a professional Korean lawyer. Contact us for consultation right now. Professional staff will respond kindly.

Online Consultation : Click
Tel : +82-2-2038-2438
Email :,,
Was this helpful?

Related Posts

Ye&Partners | 264-81-06005 | representative Kim Woong , Kenny Kim T.+82-2-2038-2438 | E.
Address : 326, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 8th floor of Holystar Building (06633) | Site :
Copyright © 2021 Ye&Partners ALL RIGHTS RESERVED